Friday, May 14, 2010

How does your garden grow?

I'll tell you how my garden grows. Or rather I'll show you:



It grows tomatoes! I was so excited to find this when I went out to water my plants this morning. My first fruit! I was so excited I just had to do a special blog post about it.

Here is a shot of the whole plant. It's getting very large.



I decided to have a little photo shoot of all my plants while I was outside.
This is my fuschia, it's in a hanging pot.

My begonia is just starting to sprout.



My wildflowers are coming along nicely.


My potato is also getting large. I hope it all grows ok since the pot probably isn't big enough for a potato. It grew out my compost dirt, so I had to keep it.


And now there's this little tiny potato growing right next to it. I'm not sure if it is an offshoot of the bigger plant or a whole different plant or what. I don't really know anything about potatoes.

These little guys also sprouted from my compost, but I have no idea what they are. Does anyone know? I'm hoping for strawberries, but I'm pretty sure they're not.

I'm pretty sure this is a green pepper.


I got desperate for pots, so I made this ice cream bucket inot a makeshift pot. All these little sprouts kept showing up in my potato and tomato pots, where there is no room for them. So they all got transfered into the party pail.


And that's my little "pot" garden. I love it so much, I never thought I would like gardening this much. It might be different if I ever have an in ground garden and I have to pull weeds and stuff, but for now, its a great hobby and I literally get to enjoy the fruit of my labors (once that tomato ripens anyway)!

No comments: