Thursday, August 24, 2006

Shape Experiments

I think shape is a wonderful thing. I did a series of test drawings purely with shape in black and white to see what I could do. Tell me what you think!


This is one I did of Timpanogos Mountain in the evening.


Same mountain in the morning. I love how the light catches the mountains.



This is of another mountain near campus in the evening.


I thought I might try to do an indoor composition with only windows and lights showing.



I like the variety of shapes trees create. First attempt.


Three is better then one.




I was in the studio pondering what else to draw with great shadows and this guy seemed to stare back at me.

2 comments:

Tyler Stott said...

you reallly do have a great sense for shape!!..

S.T. Lewis said...

AAAAHHHHHH! I'm just sitting here looking at mountains and trees, and then - BAM! Head of the dead. Why would you do that to people? You're a bad man, Dave.

These are great... it's good to see that you're drawing a bunch. Keep it coming, man.