Monday, November 02, 2009

Halloween

So not much happened this Halloween. It was probably the least I'd ever done for the holiday, but it was still great and I had fun. Our ward had a Halloween trunk or treat party a few weeks back that we went too, that was pretty much it. We didn't get any decorations for our condo. We didn't even carve pumpkins, which I really wanted to do after I found out that Dave has never carved a pumpkin in his entire life! My family always got pumpkins for all of us kids and we each did our own, but I guess in Dave's family they just got one pumpkin and his mom carved it every year. Next year that is definitely on the to do list for Halloween. You haven't lived until you've carved a pumpkin. Our HOA didn't open our front doors, so we couldn't get any trick-or-treaters this year. Dave and I dressed up just for each other, watched some old tv shows and ate the candy that was supposed to be for the kids. It was pretty great. It was weird having 90 degree weather on Halloween. In Michigan (where I grew up) we'd sometimes get snow on that day. Crazy. Anyway, that's our Halloween update. I hope you all had a spooky time!

1 comment:

Tracy Tyler said...

Actually, we shared pumpkins most years and I didn't carve every time. I'm a little knife phobic.